Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Barbican York, 12th - 20th November BBC, Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

That’s some tome he’s composing there, Jack’s in for a shock when he sees his homework for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Allen has turned into some battler, he hasn't really played well tonight and at 5-3 down pulls something out of nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

Decider great..cmon Mark

Mark deep in meditation himself out there, he’s left the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

This has been an interesting and open UK championship.

Hopefully the final keeps that going.

• Advertisement

Don’t understand why Allen took the green on there, hard to get position when ball is in the jaws like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good man Mark

Jack played well, but Ebdon will go to work on him now and he's making progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

Loved that match well done Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Allen is a right terrier. Most fellas wouldn’t have got even near the decider.

My only gripe is that match was not a longer format.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Scruffy at times, but quality overall from Allen, great battling, enjoyed that. Should be a good final tomorrow.

• Advertisement

He'll be Ebdon's age by the time they get to the end of those notes...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Feck sake Jack made some silly shot choices there cost him.

Be shouting for Mark in the final tomorrow.

And Jack seems to going a bit baldy as it is. After the Ebdon tutorial review he will have no tatch left. Lisowski just folded basically,

I thought it was a ‘new Jack’ when he got that red in the right blue pocket. But he seems to concentrate more on the difficult shots under pressure, then fluff the easier ones still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

gutted for Jack

WD Mark ,, great chance he has tomorrow against Ding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

Enjoyed every minute of that match. Allen continues to impress me, he's an all round player growing in confidence. I think he will beat Ding but by a close score.

While I'm a fan of Allen I also felt for Lisowski. Very consistent match winner, 4th year in top 16 yet never won a title says it all. Hopefully Ebdon is the man to get that monkey off his back, he is one of the most exciting players to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

Think he could be a nearly man ….all the skill in the world but last years World q final and tonight makes me question his bottle … hope he proves me wrong as great to watch

I don't think I've ever seen a player more heavily scrutinized for not winning a tournament than Jack Lisowski, they need to cool it with him and peg back the adulation they give him every time he plays well, because they get so carried away with him it's unreal, they make out he's Ronnie 2.0 or something when he's not.

If he didn't have so much heat on him I think he'd do better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I hope Ebdon has taken enough notes on Jacks weak spots and works it out of him. Just a lack of concentration and poor shot choices. Agree that there is to much pressure on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Highest ranking 10, currently 12th… it’s the number of finals he’s been in and lost, 6 I think I read.

when he is scratching around on the outskirts of the top 10 for 12 years since he turned pro… yes he’s only 31 but he’d want to get going

All the old pros and current pros seem to really want Lisowski to do well, and get that tournament win.

But they just seem to end up being frustrated with him when he doesn’t, as they can see how good he can be.

But unfortunately you can’t implant Allen’s ‘never say die’ mindset into Lisowski’s head.

• Advertisement

I was thinking for this final to be a close one Ding has to start well and get that confidence up. As he seems to be a pure confidence player.

Allen will be grand it doesn’t matter if he is ahead or behind he will stay in the match.

Since the two of them didn’t hit top fluid form in the Semi-Finals, I hope the two of them have saved it for the final.

I don’t know who to shout for, but I would love a decider final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ding to run away with this 10-2

Murphy drives me insane listening to him

He's like that bad teacher you're stuck with

Murphy is informative speaks well knows the game. Has interesting opinions, unlike ROS on Eurosport, and again unlike Ronnie. Murphy can actually say say 'session'.

I don't think he will, I expect Allen to mount a bit of comeback, and Ding will get nervy. It is set up perfectly for a good match now. Alleh will graft and stay in it.

Allen again not turning up, he'd want to do something soon because Ding's lead is growing quickly, getting out of this session 5-3 would be ideal, but even 6-2 I still think he has a chance, 7-1 is a bridge too far I think, but Ding got nervy when Ford made that comeback and it was Ford who threw it away missing that easy pink, so Allen still in this imo.

Allen needs a bit of coaching at the break

Allen would need to get 3 of the first three frames or at least 2 of them. I think he is well capable of it. I still would be amazed if he didn't make some sort of comeback. It is not in Allen's nature to roll over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

stuck a fiver on the pistol @ the friendly, but not overly generous, odds of 6/1 after aft sesh

we wants to see a close to/after midnight finish up in here! - like the time what a proper snooker final should finish at 😃

hon Mark!!

• Advertisement

I hope it is just so as it would mean I would watch less of the Malta v Ireland match. Might as well be Thorburn v Charlton for all the excitement that is happening in it.

Advertisement