Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 281 - November 12th.

Options
  • 12-11-2022 5:58pm

Main card

Israel Adesanya vs Alex Pereira – for Adesanya's middleweight title

Carla Esparza vs Zhang Weili – for Esparza's strawweight title

Dustin Poirier vs Michael Chandler

Frankie Edgar vs Chris Gutierrez

Dan Hooker vs Claudio Puelles

Prelims

Brad Riddell vs Renato Moicano

Dominick Reyes vs Ryan Spann

Molly McCann vs Erin Blanchfield

Andre Petroski vs Wellington Turman

Early-Prelims

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Silvana Gomez Juarez

Michael Trizano vs Choi Seung-woo

Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azaitar

Julio Arce vs Montel Jackson

Carlos Ulberg vs Nicolae Negumereanu

Comments

Hopefully tonight is the night that it stops raining meatballs. McCann has had a good run but I think Blanchfield is a different breed and will shoot up the Flyweight rankings fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I’ll give up mma if Esparza somehow wins this one

worst champ in a very long time. I doubt rose has slept well since losing that one.

I think Izzy might beat perreira but hope I’m wrong

I could see both the title fights being stinkers

chandler will go all out for an early ko, think he might get it but it’ll be all Dustin if he doesn’t. It’ll be entertaining to say the least.

I’d say hooker Could even be cut if he loses again even if he’s lost to the very best over the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jesus, what a round that was.

They both gave and took everything

Am I the only one that thought Chandler taking Poirier down there was idiotic?

If he does the same in round three as round two he gets the fight, mental considering I didn't think he could walk out to round two.

• Advertisement

That was a fight!

And that's all she wrote.

Poirier by rear naked choke haha.

She's just too good and only 23. She's gonna cruise through that division.

And the new...

• Advertisement

HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pereira champ after his eight ever MMA fight, fourth in UFC. Unreal.

At least ten significant strikes at the finish there.

Adesanya complaining, he was ducking and diving the last flurry, the ref already gave him his last chance before that for me as he looked out.

He wasn't looking at the end, just instinctive defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

That will soften his cough,far too cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Khamzat will really fancy that 185 division now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chandler has to be the most fun fighter I've ever watched, he just wants to go out there and hit you as hard and as fast as he can. Dustin got it done though as predicted he's a 5 round fighter and tough as nails he can handle the early onslaught.

If McGregor is coming back, that's the fight to make with chandler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was one hell of an event. Don't even know where to start.

Delighted to see Hooker get that dominant win.

Chandler is fun as hell but his fight IQ is really lacking. He tried to dump Justin with a ridiculously over the top suplex and it backfired, he did the exact same thing to Dustin....and once again it backfired.

Still though, with fights like that he's as safe as houses for as long as he wants to fight.

Was happy with the main event as well, that's the best Izzy fight I've seen since Gastellum, usually they're a snorefest.

No idea where Dom Reyes goes from here. That's three bad KO's in a row.

Damn though, what a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just finished catching up. Good card. Delighted Molly ragdolled.

Alex is a big man. He was too big/strong for Israel. Although Israel was ahead, Alex always looked more the physical boss. If they rematch, Alex gets him earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Delighted McCann got shown up for the average fighter she is, same as Paddy, soon as he gets anyone half decent he's gonna be mauled

Never sat right with me all the unprofessionalism from the pair of them, supposed world class/elite athletes, win a fight and they're at a presser shoving pizza down their necks glugging on bottles of whiskey, imagine Rory Mcliroy/Ronaldo/Lewis Hamilton winning their chosen event and doing the same 😂

And Paddy's extreme weight gain/loss between fights, that aint helping him in any way at all, no matter what he says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Delighted to see I'm not alone in the meatball & baddy hate. Both extremely average fighters

I was a bit shocked at the size difference in the Octagon between Alex and Israel.

Yes, I noticed at weigh in, and then in the Octagon it looked clear. Israel, I felt was fighting quite cautiously, almost timidly at times.

No real surprise, as Alex beat him twice already, and once via stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

There a beautiful shot of Alex staring across the octagon at the start of the 5th round & he says En vou te mantar ( i will kill you ) i wonder did Izzy say his famous i'm willing to die to him to get that response,

Like a movie if he did & then he goes & stops him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Chandler is a cross fitter who fights. He's exciting but not very good technically and tends to gas quick, like a bigger Chad Mendes. People don't appreciate how good and entertaining Porier is, also his number of wins against big names.

I like Pereiras Terminator thing but he obviously looks very beatable, went bambi legs at the end of round 1. He's a bit like Yoel Romero, he takes long breaks when he's tired with not a lot of output but then always dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No doubt but it would be a fun first round, both just want to knock out there opponent as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Chandler is tailor made for McGregor, A good wrestler who has very simplistic striking, It's Eddie all over again ,

The only issues is Conor & where he is at now ,

Advertisement