Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual ISP/WAN Provider

Options
  • 13-11-2022 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I have been having problems recently with Cable Virgin Media Broadband. As there is construction in the area we are losing connection regularly.

I have wireless 4G dongles as a backup, this works ok but causes a bit of chaos and an automatic switch would be better. Sticking a dongle out the window on a piece of string seems to work well.

Is there a Dual Wan router that I can use to connect both the cable and the 4g/5g which will automatically switch if the cable is unavailable or slow?. We use CAT5 and homeplugs/powerline adaptors as the wireless doesn't reach through the old building walls. I figure that I can put a 4G/5G antenna on the roof to aid with connections.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement