Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time rate electricity and storage heaters

Options
  • 13-11-2022 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

My meter cabinet has two meters - day and night.

I use storage heaters for space heating and the elcb 'board' has a circuit marked storage heaters.

I noticed a few nights ago that (at least one of) my storage heaters 'click in' at 09.30. I havent checked the startup/click in time of any of the others.

I read that night time rate/'nightsaver' is 11.00 start at this time of year. Is it a problem at the board - I dont see any obvious time clock there - or at the meter cabinet and is this unusual?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Picture would help

You might be able to check the time on the meter or clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Im going to check if the night meter is 'running' tonight

Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Just checked and there is a sophisticated timer in the meter cabinet - GR'A'SSLIN - and its showing a time 90 mins ahead of current time. So if that was showing the correct time, the heater would come on at 2300/winter time start.

Im not sure if it means the meter starts night hours 90 mins ahead of winter time and so if Im paying day rated for that. Will know tonight, though.

Advertisement