Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of door is this?

Options
  • 13-11-2022 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I just bought a house and has a home office in the garage. This home office has an independent entrance with a door that looks like metal but has a white area in the center. The whole door (black metal and white area) is always cold!

Is this some sort of special (e.g. fire resistant) door? I was looking for info on the model but could not find any.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Google PCHenderson and you will find the company. You could send the same photo and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doesn't appear to be a fire door (dont think it would be either) but it isn't clear exactly what the doors specs are.

If the office or garage heated? If not heated, or such there is no reason why it wouldn't be cold if a metal door.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 javiercarrillo

@Mellor The office is heated (not greatly, but enough to be a few hours in it) but the door is always cold. In fact. I suspect a lot of the heat is transferred out of the office via this door.

@DOCARCH i did find PCHENDERSON online and they make doors however I was not sure it was the same company. I guess I could write to them and see wha they tell me.

thanks both!

Advertisement