Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good barber

• 13-11-2022 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rosalinda Eyes

So I'm looking for a good barber, how perhaps a method for finding a good barber that I can book from now on. And that way I'll be able to relax in the seat. I've had too many bad experiences. I currently probably view the Grafton barbers as the safest bet but it's can be hit or miss there too, depending on who you get. In my experience it can be hard to find someone, who is both meticulous, but also patient. There was one guy that the Grafton barbers had years ago and it was possible to book him in advance, but I don't think they allow for you to book particular people anymore. A lot of barbers are too much down with the "skin fade, modern scene, load hip hop music" thing and your barber can't really hear you when instruct them midway through. Do most older people just figure out for themselves that they shouldn't go in to such a place?

For example in my own case, there's a video quick video on youtube I know that shows how do to the sort of haircut that I'd like. I've often wondered if I could get show this to a barber. I think a lot of barbers end up making the following mistakes:

• they fail to double check for evenness on top before they finish (you'll often find the patch the next day).

• they cut the fringe shorter than the rest (horrible look).

• they cut the side burns very high if you forget to specify (I feel it makes me look like a boy... horrible).

• they end up giving you a milder version of their own haircut style, which you don't like.

• their English isn't that good, and you're not sure whether they understand you or not.

Thanks for reading

Comments

Advertisement