Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I Hit A Speed Ramp Too Fast - Help!

Options
  • 13-11-2022 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

So I hit a speed ramp too fast a few months back.

I've replaced both front shocks but the near-side is still a bit too bouncy in comparison to the driver's side.

Any ideas what next to replace? Could it be the spring on that side is goosed as well? Bushings etc?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Kinda like trying to diagnose a noise by describing it! Could be a lot of things. You’ll just have to get a mechanic to check it over OP.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bring it to a garage an check the alignment etc No way of knowing what needs to be replaced without seeing the car, how fast were you going to damage the shock???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭zg3409

Are you due an NCT or can you do NCT up to 90 days early? That might be cheap diagnosis. It's hard to know from what you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Replaced with new or used shocks?

If you think NSF is soft,check if OFR is different to NSR. You might have goosed a rear shock too if you hit the bump that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Brand new OEM shocks. Mag ride too so they cost a penny. You know what though .. I think this might be it. I inflated the OFR tyre to make it a bit harder and the NSF has stabilised somewhat. I'm thinking the OFR may be gone too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement