Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency lighting wiring

Options
  • 13-11-2022 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice on the wiring of emergency lights at the fuseboards of commercial sites. I'm a qualified electrician and have recently completed an emergency lighting level 6 course. However I've had no previous experience in the fuseboard side of things when it comes to EML. I know a CTU must be in place as a suitable test facility to test the EML. But how are the circuit mcb/ control mcb/ctu/contactors wired? Is it a case of coming off a 10A lighting circuit to the 6A control mcb then onto the CTU and from there onto a contactor?

Any help on the wiring would help or even a diagram please.

Thanks

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The CTU is usually just a basic switch allowing supply to the coil of NC contactors. You could take a feed for it off a control MCB 4/6A whichever is local or installed by yourself.

Edit-I should say acts like a basic switch, it's obviously bespoke to application.

Advertisement