Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage Notification appointment ?

• 13-11-2022 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey folks- I’m based in cork and finding it impossible to book an appointment “Online” to the one in cork or anywhere in the county tbh !

says no dates available for the next 8/9 months?

anyone had this issue before? Can I just go into the office and get an appointment that way ? (Says online to book online)

Also- my partner is Italian- finding it difficult to find out from her embassy if she needs a freedom to marry? Any chance someone has experience with marrying a non Irish ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

I think I phoned the office to get my appointment- this would have been about 12 months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Found a few articles from earlier in the year saying that most offices in the country are booked out but they are going to try and fit people in!

im on my way to the office now to see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

We went to book a dublin appointment online in late September and got early November so it was only 5 weeks and got lots of availability from then on. Maybe you could try a different county?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Checked Dublin there and various other parts of the country, no dates available online. Have the just given up on the online bookings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

The online booking system doesn't work for Dublin (or anywhere I think to be honest!), where are you looking to get married? Sir Patrick Dunns?

You just need to call the registrars office in Dublin to get your appointment sorted to hand in your documents. When you get the appointment you should be able to find out what dates are available then.

It's very stressful trying to get the appointments sorted - left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. If you live outside of Dublin you can meet with the registrar in you locality and still get married in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement