Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread Nov 2022

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Main media outlets "outraged" are cycling lobby mouthpieces.

The very sensible Conor Faugnan on the "controversial" ad now. Some over sensitive texters, the ad isn't about you ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭mykrodot

couldn't agree more. The permanently offended in this country ! They object to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

The Moncrieff Show isn't very Moncrieffy now that he is off. They're just having people text in Irish phrases now and reading them out. No context really, no insight, just reading stuff out. It's like some nonsense you'd get on a standard 2 songs +sh*t-talk show.

I don't see what Mairead Ronan is bringing really. It's like an extension of lunchtime live

I'd say his production team are on hols too! Let's google for things journos wrote and cobble a slot out of it.

It's like antiques roadshow now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

it feels like I’ve been stuck at the school gates all day today

More lazy, navel gazing topics: what do Americans think about us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

By god, they talk some rot on the Andrea Gilligan show. How does she put up with it, at least Joe Duffy is on a good salary.

One of today's topics was should a certain brand of paint (can't remember which one) reconsider the names of their paint colours as the current ones are offensive to animals. I kid you not. Mensa wouldn't get a look in with this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Agreed. She seems like a good sort all the same but her show is pants half the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Trying to compete with Joe or something is the only explanation for it. It's so dumbed down compared to the rest of the programming.

• Advertisement

I'd say the production teams must be away also as Moncrieff is pure muck as well, like it's running on autopilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The topics are so random. They basically pick an emotive article that has been recently reported and run with it. It is pretty much Livelife for people who, instead of shouting at someone/something, want to shout at the clouds.

"Bobby Darvo came out this week saying he buys all his clothes in Charity shops. Do you use Charity Shop?"

"A Mammy journalist tweeted on twitter yesterday that grand parents don't do enough to mitigate the need for childcare. Should they just shut up and do it?"

Etc Etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I'd imagine they all schedule their holidays together. Moncreif doesnt want to be behind the mic with a junior producer, getting him to count how many raisins are in the new Tesco muffins, likewise, his regular producer doesn't want to be calling the shots when Moncreif-lite is finding his feet.

Advertisement