Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread Nov 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

She went a bit antivax during the pandemic, didn’t she?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure why folk like her are given airtime.

She's a great example to her kids. She basically wanted to go swinging but doesn't want to put it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Random sample

I haven’t seen her in the news since the babies were born, that could be 8-9 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This was more of a Twitter thing, might even have been pre-covid but after leaving Newstalk.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭amlinopta

An unusual double this week, Paul Murphy set to raise his child as gender neutral and Dil and Ann Marie revealing they have entered a polyamorous relationship with a third party. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

What a messed up world. No wonder there's an increase in mental problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bit of a naive Harry/Megan bang off PM.

Courts the media with a controversial story then asks for privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ciara is wound up this morning !

No one can get a word in edgeways with her

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well that makes the interview I heard with her even stranger, as she said they had discussed their new threesome relationship with their kids.

Discussing this setup with 8 or 9 Yr olds!!

Thankfully Shock-tin na Nnngaelige is now over, the ropy cod-Irish can be put away for another year.

• Advertisement

Ciara dared call the trans thing for kids a 'fad', living life on the edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ciara shouting over her guests again today. If you let Eouin O'Broin talk , Ciara he"d happily take you to school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Thought she was excellent calling out his and SF bullsh1t, they always have a ready prepared ideological excuse to object to so much housing and it's right they are called out on it. Good job I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

The cash machine must be throwing off so much money they can abandon their 30c listener text 'premium'. I notice they are plugging heavily a WhatsApp number instead. Listener generated content must've been on the wane.

That cost of living/housing article on Moncrieff sparked a load of "IN MY DAY we had to go barefoot etc" from older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone on Lunchtime Live (y'know, on mass media Newstalk) talking about how the media never talks about whatever they're whining about...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Newstalk has just fallen off the airwaves entirely. Broadcasting silence as I type. Why couldn't this have happened to Lunchtime Live...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Nothing on FM106, or streaming online either.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

All falling apart now.

Rakes of ads.

Brief return of Moncrieff who sounds like he's down a well who says the news is coming up.

Intro for news starts followed by silence. And back to ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

The sound is terrible.

It feels like I'm listening over a walkie talkie.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

edit

Leo attempting to put a garnish on a sh1t sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mykrodot

he's all over the place. He doesn't sound believable, not a sincere word coming out of his mouth, covering his ass is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭RINO87

"I'm a little shook myself" #100DaysOfWalking

......what an absolute funking gowlbag.

A little shook, god love her, making it all about herself as usual.

The bould Ciara and her 100 days of w*nking.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mykrodot

unreal. Every single topic she makes about herself. I wonder is there a name for that affliction? And now she's in Turkey.................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Des Bishop doing the Hard Shoulder today. It is mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

So: Newstalk 's story of the day is "Should women take their husband's name when they get married?"

The two Ciaras were all over it on breakfast

It features big on lunchtime live now and not a doubt in the world but it will be on The Hard shoulder

Believe it or not, Newstalk was once a serious news station. It has been so relentlessly dumbed down it is now a shadow of it's earlier self.

Pat Kenny, that's about the only reason to listen these days and even he is discussing more hairdresser radio currently

Ah now, Moncrieff is still brilliant. The rest I agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A bit of rebranding unveiled today.

Advertisement