Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrisson's nightclub replacement?

Options
  • 14-11-2022 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there

Each year myself and my friends do a lads trip to Kilkenny for a weekend of fun. Many a fun night were had in Morrisson's nightclub! However I know it closed in 2018 and we've been going to the Left Bank since. Are there any replacements for Morrisson's in place? I read before that they're turning it into a private function room or something? Can anyone confirm this or have any info? Morrisson's was unreal!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Its the Puc Fada now. Hen/stag type of bar so would be good for groups away for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FrToddUnctious

This is not true at all

Morrisons and puc fada are completely separate place

Morissons is still closed unfortunately, it was a great place

Pic fada is shite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Morrisons is the underground place below the Hibernian on ormonde street. Agree Puc Fada is a kip, it’s up there with The Field for attracting ‘that’ type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Morrison's served it's purpose!

No direct replacement I believe.

Brogans is a newish late bar and Langton's probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,732 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What's Kilkenny night life like at the moment,

Any decent late bars /clubs not for January but end of Feb ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Depends on the night of the week. Late bar most nights and that will be your busy pub on week nights, at the weekend there is a good few

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

With nightclubs like Morrisons closing and the pub business declining what does the future hold for us, with so many pubs in Kilkenny. Can see in 10 to 20 years time, at least half these pubs being closed and boarded up. Won't be a good look.

Advertisement