Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP Renewal delays

Options
  • 14-11-2022 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone, I'm waiting almost 2 and a half months now since I applied for WFP renewal. It's been almost 1 month since my payment stopped. Is this normal? How long is everyone else waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buritothecat

hi did you renew online through my welfare or by post?

did you try phoning them? i was held in que for over an hour before someone answered the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rainyday44

I renewed online then was requested for payslips by post a week before my claim expired. I also tried calling them, I think they made it so everyone who calls has to wait a minimum of an hour because my call went through at exactly 1 hour the other day. Someone picked up and said they received my documents but there's a lot of backlog right now.

How long have you been waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It was very slow this time around for me 8/9 weeks I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marie1234x

Hi everyone, I'm waiting 8 weeks on them and just got word yesterday to send off more payslips. Is this a good sign that I will be granted it soon or does everyone get asked to send them in. Thanks guys

I was asked to send in payslips 6 weeks after applying. But it's been almost 3 weeks now since I sent them off and no other word from them yet. Hopefully I get it soon. Let me know how long it takes for you.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone I just got my approval day. 10 and a half weeks since I submitted my renewal application. I spent one week of that getting the requested documents so if you're quick it should be 8-9 weeks for a renewal. I'm not sure what the times are for a new application.

Feel free to leave how long it took for you or how long you're currently waiting below to help others.

That's great news, you finally got approved! Can I ask if they back payed you to the date you renewed and if you would still be entitled to the 500 bonus?

I haven't gotten any payment yet but in the letter they mentioned that I would get back payment. Hopefully next Thursday. Also when I called them last week a man said I would get back payments and also the bonus. I'll let you know if I do.

Fingers crossed now you get it! It's a great relief to know you have been approved. Was it long after you submitted your documents before you got word you had been approved? I sent mine in at the start of the week so I'm hoping il hear soon too.

It's been almost exactly 3 weeks since I submitted my documents so hopefully you will get it in the next 2 weeks or less

If you're worried about whether they got your documents you can call them and they can confirm whether they got them

It's just a matter of waiting now!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, I can confirm that I have been backdated and received the 500 bonus while my application was still being processed for a renewal

That's brilliant, thanks for coming on to let us know. Had they stopped your payments for or long? I had already been on wfp before but I had to re apply for a new application due to a mix up with parental leave so I'd imagine new applications are taking longer than renewals. Thanks for all the info, it's been very helpful!

No problem, glad I could help. My payment was stopped for 3 weeks then I was approved for the renewal. From what I know new applications usually take longer and apparently a lot of people are applying at this time of year. You will get it eventually, don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Nearly 8 weeks now waiting for renewal, longest i have waited, rang them said could be another 2 weeks, very slow.

Advertisement