Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL regular season thread - discussion (no picks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,492 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I agree McCaffrey has that but you have Deebo as well. I'm not disagreeing that McCaffrey is a massive addition, I was just thinking how good Mitchell is when he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Totally agree with this. CMC has changed this offense since arriving, with Jimmy & Purdy is thriving with him also. Mitchell is a super RB but that's it...he does have that knack of turning a 2 yd run into a 6. Fingers crossed he'll be there for the playoffs, as the team will have to start mixing it up. Against Seattle it was more or less CMC or Kittle...Kittle or CMC. The Football team has a stout D that'll shut down Kittle so we'll see Xmas Eve if Coach can dial up Ayuik more or use Mason more.

There's no Superbowl without CMC on that field for the Niners...he plays so hard, but he touched the ball on half of all the Niners possessions last game, so risky with the way he plays, 100% every snap. With the games left, we should be able to win without using CMC 30 times a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Vikings manage the biggest ever comeback in the NFL in thanks in large part to the Colts.

Matt Ryan really cementing the narrative that will hang over his career with this loss.

Edit: I would add there is obviously plenty of blame to go around outside of Matt Ryan for this result.

The defense that was awesome in the first half was horrendous in the second half.

Matty Ice didn't have a good game but he didn't throw any interceptions either. He got no help from his offensive and there were a lot of drops as well. Basically the whole team has to take the blame and the coaching particularly whoever was calling offensive plays.

Wtf is going on. Touchdown given with a foot clearly out of bounds. Unbelievable.

That's the Raiders given that touchdown against the Patriots just to clarify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Billion dollar organisation, haven't discovered the zoom feature. Front of his foot was out, clearly.

Raiders now win, somehow.

Patriots lol.

Oh FFS, I can't believe this. Stupid play costs us the game. We were robbed by the officials first and then threw it away ourselves.

Deceptive angle.

Inconclusive whether his foot was in or out - ruling on the field stands.

• Advertisement

Obviously not.

Ruling on the field stood. Good call.

All you have to do is look along the really white part of the line and you see his foot blocking part of the line.

After looking again I'm not sure he's out. I thought it was clear but it looks like the Raiders have this daft silver outline between the black (inbounds) and white (out of bounds). I believe the silver is considered inbounds based on where the pylons are? His foot looks to be on the silver but unsure it's on the white.

I'm interested to hear your reply to that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

@oats But if he touched that part of the line North of the pylon (as per the orientation of your picture) it would be considered out of bounds? So it must also be out of bounds in the end zone shirley?

Yes, that's how you know. No colour but green is in bounds on the field so that line continues all the way through the end zone.

Why are they allowed to have 2 separate shades of white around the edges of the endzone. That's confusing me.

I've changed my mind and think he's out now after looking at some endzone pictures from other stadiums.

I believe you have to get permission from the commissioner to do it.

I froze the TV on the original shot and while it's not very clear you can piece it together with the overhead shot and know he was out. I'm sure they have clearer pictures than I can get.

• Advertisement

The fact we still can't definitively say whether he was in or out the next day tells me the refs probably made the right call sticking with the decision on the field. It's too close.

The black & white cleats don't help either 😄

It'd be even funnier to me, and I'd love if he was actually out because it'd boil the Patriots piss even more, but you've not presented sufficient evidence.

Oat23's photo above...quite clearly in. Plenty of black paint between the toe and the sideline.

Oat23's pic shows there is no black between his foot and the line. I do think that pic isn't as helpful as it could be. The angle is crooked and you can't see all of the line.

There's something wrong with your eyesight if you can see black between his shoe and the white.

You do know you can zoom in on that pic. To me it looks like his foot is definitely touching the line.

So you obviously hate the Patriots and that's more important to you than a fair game?

Your first evidence was a still image from the moon from an atrocious angle.

Now we have a close up and you're whingeing about the angle being crooked haha. Behave.

It's not a clear and obvious error - ruling on the field stands.

And a fan of the Spygate Deflatriots talking about a fair game haha. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You can literally see the white paint flicked into the air!

I find it hard to get too wound up about the decision. We were rubbish - historically the Patriots always did the basics well and didn't kill themselves. This team is different - the offense has been anaemic all year. Special teams has long been a strength, but even that is sloppy has hell. We look badly coached on offense. That first half debacle in the red zone was embarrassing.

Obviously you know nothing about spygate or deflategate. If you did you'd know how ridiculous both were, every team were using cameras just like the Patriots and that's been admitted by multiple coaches.

And deflategate, science proved the balls would deflate that much in one half of football in that weather. They actually did it live and it happened. On top of that the balls were pumped at halftime and the Patriots scored 28 points in the second half and Brady threw for 89 yards in the first half with the deflated balls while throwing for 136 yards in the second half with the re-inflated balls. You do know that Goodell was with the Jets before moving to the league office?

Just digest that information and then cop on to yourself. Generally people like you just hate great teams and great players which in my opinion is really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think he was likely out but that isn't the level of certainty that is needed to overturn it.

It is a pain in the rules, where they tend to nearly err towards giving things so they can be reviewed - then they're stuck with that decision because there isn't enough to overturn it.

Well I think when you piece them all together there is sufficient evidence to overturn the call.

That of course doesn't excuse the stupidity at the end of the game.

• Advertisement

Easy win for the Packers tonight. Rams look awful, worse than even what they've been doing this year with Mayfield under center.

Lions must be loving this, I don't think anybody would have expected the Rams' draft pick in '23 to be a top five pick which looks very likely now. Right now it's no.3 and they have to face the Broncos, Chargers and Seahawks to finish the season.

They could end up with Will Anderson to play on the opposite side to Hutchinson. That would be scary.

They moved up last year with the Rams pick to take Jameson Williams who should be a really good one. Now by the looks of things they'll get a premium defender with that pick this year.

Goff has looked really good this season too and he's still only 28.

Advertisement