Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

used 1.0l manual petrol kia ceed 2019

Options
  • 14-11-2022 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

so i saw a decent ceed at a dealer that was reasonably close to me.

its a hatchback 191 ceed, with 1l petrol engine, great condition and interior, for around 21k.

took a test drive today. found it nice enough. but when i floored it, i noticed that the car was "stuttering". it was accelerating, but not much. also when i floored it the check engine light went on. said it to the guy, he said might be because the car was standing for 1 week since the last test drive, otherwise it was there for 6 weeks. didnt make sense to me, my 2003 micra often stands for a month when i'm on holiday and makes no noise at all when i come back and start it up and floor it (i do drive it pretty hard). but then again my micra has no turbo.

anyway, i paid the refundable deposit so they keep the car for me, he said they'll check and sort it out themselves or with kia before i take ownership anyway. also they are giving me a 1 year warranty and the car is under kia warranty until 2026. still i'd like to have a car i dont need to claim warranty because that sucks and is annoying. the guy said he will call me when they have it fixed to let me know what was up there.

on my way home i passed another kia dealership. stopped and asked - they had a 182 ceed, otherwise very similar to the 191 one i drove. driving that i instantly noticed that this one doesnt stutter when i floor the pedal, and it accelerates nicely, ie. i can feel it pulling.

the guy from that dealership was the dude that told that this is an issue with the turbo. he said its not a huge deal and can be fixed.

is this a known and/or serious issue? good that the dealer will have it fixed, but i dont want to have this issue again days or weeks after taking ownership of the car.

also when i drove it, the engine sounded a lot like a diesel, much "chunkier" than petrols usually sound (or at least my micra). is this just a particularity of that engine?

how should i go about it? can this be fixed? i know that some cars have "unfixable" problems. is this one of those cases? can or should i say something specific to the dealership to make sure they can get it fixed long term?

Comments

Advertisement