Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vouchers?

Options
  • 14-11-2022 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Well yea or nay? I know that many give them at Christmass including yours truly but they make no real sense. Many go out of date or lose value before they can be used. I won't give them anymore they are no benefit over cash to the recipient, might be some benefit if the value was a % more than the cash value..

Post edited by saabsaab on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I say yea....

Going out of date or losing value before they can be used, is a broad generalisation and might depend on how individually appropriate or imaginative the voucher might be. If seen as just a cash alternative, then maybe they could lie unloved in a drawer.

Vouchers given for something like an experience, eg. for a theatre venue, a concert hall, a ticketmaster voucher, an individual or family day out, airline travel etc.... would lead to a more memorable experience than simply providing cash.

It might be more down to the type of voucher chosen - suggesting an experience that the person themselves might not have thought of, and the memories then made, might be more valuable than cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I give cash with a Post-It note attached saying it can be spent in any place in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Well generally the figures show that 10% to 20% of voucher values are never cashed..

Advertisement