Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Do in Dublin

• 15-11-2022 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to organize a Stag for a group of 12 or so in Dublin. Have any of you been on a stag in the city? Any ideas on where to find accomodation? Somewhere like Carrick on Shannon is obviously more stag friendly so I'm wondering is it mad to go to Dublin or is it doable. Could we have a hard time finding pubs to go to as a group?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Try Mullingar. Lovely town and great pubs and music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I'd avoid Dublin too. Great for a night out with a few friends or even a day session but for a stag I'd avoid it.

I was on one in Sligo recently. A great friendly town. Train in and out so you don't have to worry about driving

the next day after a skinfull of beer the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

Lahinch is a great spot for a stag as well, plus surfing to start day 2 is a great way to dust off the hangover if you're gone for 2 nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Thanks for the replies. The reason that Dublin is in mind is because there are people coming from all over the country so it seemed the most logical place for people who don't drive etc. Seems as though accommodation may be an issue (and obviously just having trouble getting people into bars as a group).

Try Stag Free dot ie. Heard good reports about them from a friend of mine

that used them for his brother in laws stag. I have no affiliation with them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

I'd second Lahinch

Did Galway too before and was class. Got bus tour of aul fellas pubs all around Galway with few slabs of beer. Great craic. Train there and back but think they're dry trains these days, which isn't end of world considering

Could hardly see by the end of it

No matter where you go you'll have issues with number of lads going in, best to stagger going into places and don't cause any trouble as doormen talk to each other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I should mention that this is just a one night thing so just a meal and pints are on the agenda for the night. Also, groom based in Clare so Lahinch is not on the cards!

Not really concerned about the type of accommodation as it's just for 1 night and lads will only be sleeping there. Some lads coming from Belfast area so something on the west of Ireland would be too much travel, hence Dublin focus. Others from south so I'm a bit skeptical of Carlingford for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Athlone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dublin is be brilliant for a stag do no question about it ,

The only thing is there is of course but's or if's ,

Accommodation is going to be expensive & you can't be a total mess or you won't get in anywhere at night time,

But for breakfast/brunch, pubs during the day or activates, food at night & clubs you can't go wrong if you have a few quid & don't make a mess of yourself you'll have a great time ,

I'm from Dublin & went to a stag in the City a few years back & it was brilliant ,but we where all the other side of 35 at the time,

While on the topic Cork City is the worst place in the country for a stag, Nightmare trying to get more than 2 or 3 lads in to a pub or night club its bizarre ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement