Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cryotherapy wart removal

Options
  • 15-11-2022 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Hi all, has anyone had this done on their dog? does it require anesthetic?

My Duskie has a wart on her head the past while, due to her age we ( vet and I ) decided to monitor it for a while before putting her under the stress of removal. Vet examined it there again on Monday and while it has gotten slightly larger all seemed fine. However in typical Duskie fashion in started to bleed Monday afternoon after we got home from the vets :P it settled down again but was bleeding a little again tonight, so its time for it to go before infection sets in.

I don't want to go the surgical removal route as at 13.5 years I'm not going to put her under general anesthetic unless absolutely necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

uggh it’s always the way. Bailey has one too .. after reading your post I think I’ll try a wart remover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks, so far its still not causing any major concern so were going to give it another month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

So we tried Cryo on this and it didnt work, its now starting to give more trouble than id like, she manages to open it up about twice a week now despite by best efforts, I'm keeping it clean with wash the vet gave me and the vet checks it monthly when she goes for her injection.

I'm unsure what to do next, she's 14 , I really don't want to sedate her to get it take off due to her age, but then i really dont want it to get infected either.

It doesnt seem to bother her at all of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Anawilliam850

It is best to consult with your veterinarian regarding the best approach to removing the wart on your dog's head. Depending on the size and location of the wart, your veterinarian may recommend surgical removal or other non-surgical methods. Anesthesia may or may not be required, depending on the method of removal and your dog's individual needs. It is important to discuss any concerns or questions you may have with your veterinarian to ensure the best outcome for your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I’ve had good success with spray plaster on a tricky wound Bailey had (and on myself!)… of course there was NO wound there when we were at the vets for his acupuncture … 24 hours later its a BH weekend and he had an infected wound 😫 (I haven’t done anything with his wart as it’s not bothering him and vet has already checked it!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Terrier2023

I had a bernese mountain dog she had a wart on her lip and cryo therapy worked very well she had to be sedated to do it . She was 11 years old.

Advertisement