Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts.ie is spammed by phone/tech shop listings.

Options
  • 16-11-2022 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

A few years ago, Adverts.ie brought in their Nearby Feature of the app. Where it displays all Ads around you within 5km, 10km...etc. I am based in Naas and love going on the odd time to see if there's anything handy I need that's within 5km of where I live.

My issue is, that every time I go on, it's full of phones and ipads from those tech/phone repair shops. Looking at you Christios Mobile Connections.

So I tried to refine it to private sellers, and nope of course these shops are private sellers and not actual shops.

I'm a techy at heart so I want to see tech around me but I can't with all this junk I have to scroll through...

When I refine it to Used items, still I see the spam. Looking at you zteck naas.

My question is, should Adverts not reinforce these accounts as Shop Accounts and not private sellers? That way us normal folk looking for a bargain can browse freely through legit ads from legit people looking for a legit reason to sell.

This really annoys me and especially the fact that these guys have an actual STORE in Naas and are sitting there all day submitting these Ads. Maybe they are not breaking any rules but I do think this is really ruining Adverts by at least allowing them to post as private sellers. 

The Nearby Feature is useless in every town that has phone tech shops in my opinion.

NOTE: Mod, if this is in wrong section I apologise. I went to Web section, marketing but it doesn't exist apparently. Then the mobile search is awful, only seeing things related to Adverts.ie from 6 years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ElitesTeam

I second this, the amount of spam phone listings by shop listing in private is seriously irritating

Advertisement