Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir fcuking around on LL number porting

Options
  • 16-11-2022 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30 stephen.dunne

Parents are currently in middle of migrating from eir land line plus ADSL to a wholely NBI fibre/voip setup (with Sky)

We finally have the fibre in and have data running fine, but the LL port from eir to Sky is fail central.

We ordered this from Sky at the time, gave them all the details and the UAN but Sky are now saying that Eir won't release the number as broadband is currently enabled so they either release both or neither.

This sounds like total bollox tbh, surely comreg have catered for a migration scenario like this where each side has set responsibilities to ensure the port goes through

Has anyone else got experience of a migration process such as what we're trying to achieve, ideally porting it into sky i.e. "legacy voice/adsl over copper with eir" => "FTTH/VOIP (using legacy ported number) with sky" or can offer suggestions to recover from this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickjnick

My parents are in a similar situation - they had an eir landline/DSL and moved to NBI fibre (still with eir) and have been trying for months to get their original phone number ported, to no avail. Eir appear totally uninterested. I wish you luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Comreg at this stage? You do need a have a complaint filed with eir and no resolution.

• You actually need to file a complaint with Sky and get no resolution, as they're your ISP/Phone provider. Then lodge formal complaint with ComReg and hopefully they figure it out.

Advertisement