Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Bootloop - **Solution in thread**

• 16-11-2022 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭

Just raising awareness for anyone that has a Redmi Note 11 (Non 5G version with stock European ROM) that is Bootloopling due to a buggy android update that was pushed out by Xiaomi

Theres a good guide here on how to solve it here:

Basically it happens after you unlock the phone after certain amount of time, about 15 seconds in the case of a relative's phone.

Its due to a Qualcomm location service flooding RAM in the phone.

After unlocking you need to enable developer mode, and then enable USB debugging. Connect it to a computer and remove the Qualcomm location service.

It does not affect the location service on your phone interestingly enough.I

It's tricky to enable USB debugging because you have to wait 10 seconds in the warning screen and in the case of a relative's phone I couldn't do it before the timer finished possible because they were a light user and hadn't much apps installed.

The guide doesn't mention this, but I read online that if you heat the back case of the phone with a hair dryer it slows the phone down (the chipset or processor and RAM slow down to prevent overheating).

This gives you a larger window of time to enable USB debugging and it was the only way I could do it so it actually works.

Just don't heat up the front of the phone when you're doing it, and you don't need to remove the case or anything just get it heated up for about 20 seconds close to the case on a high temperature setting.

Must have been the maddest fix I've ever done on a phone!

Advertisement