Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW f11 Chassis Warning Message

Options
  • 16-11-2022 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, looking for some advice or info if anyone has previous experience with this issue:

So the rear suspension was completely dropped on my 2014 BMW f11 touring and I was doing some research online about what to do. I took out the compressor and checked everything which was working fine. The fuse in the back was blown as the compressor wasn't turning off. The problem turned out to be a simple fix - replacing the relay for the compressor!

Since then, a chassis warning message regularly pops up saying to "continue at a moderate speed and have the problem checked by service". It does not come up every time I turn the car on, but usually when I add weight to the car (fill the gas tank, suitcases in the back or mtb bikes on the roof, etc.

I am wondering is there any sensors knocked or affected when the suspension dropped (it was like this for over a week until I got the problem sorted) or could there be something else causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it would cost a great deal to bring it to a BMW dealership to have it looked at!

Cheers, 

Darragh

Advertisement