Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids DJ equipment

Options
  • 17-11-2022 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hello!

Have been googling so much and keep getting mixed answers.

My 10 year old is mad into music and for christmas we were going to get him some basic dj equipment. He already uses spotify and has the use of a phone or an ipod. He doesn't have a laptop or computer etc. Any one I have looked at requires subscriptions to sound cloud or beatport. Is there any one out there that doesn't?

The one I had been looking at was the pioneer ddj 200 as it is relatively cheap etc and looks simple for him to be messing around with.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I'm not a digital DJ do maybe not the best person to answer this, but I would steer clear of any subscription based system.

If you don't own the music you spin (media or files) then what really are you?

Sorry, I can't offer more help on specific hardware but if he's that mad into it at that age I'd splurge a bit and try to get at least lower level mid range gear for him. If he's really into it he'll outgrow the lower level gear pretty quick.

Advertisement