Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox gaming recommendations

Options
  • 17-11-2022 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

It’s that time of year when I’m thinking about ordering a few games. I’m not a massive gamer so there is usually a back log of games I haven’t played. My favourites include the Fallout and Borderlands series. I recently completed RD2 and it’s a contender for best game ever. I will be getting Tiny Tinas Wonderlands. I’m thinking maybe a couple of the Far Cry games, are they worth it? Any other recommendations for games old or new appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls and Ace combat 7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Control if you like mind fuky stuff, and one of the best new "environments" or worlds created in the last few years.

Far Cry 3 is the best one imo. And the Blood Dragon DLC is amazing. If you haven't played one before, 5 would probably be good because you haven't been worn out by them yet.

The 2 Ori games if you haven't already. Both amazing little games.

If you like Fallout, maybe give The Outer Worlds a go. Fallout in space but not as good.

Other than that, get a PS5 and have a decent library of of games to play then! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Get yourself a years game pass if you use the work around using a VPN it's for small money and there is at least a years worth of gaming there.

As for Far Cry games I think the Gold edition of 5 (which can be got for small money) comes with a digital edition of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Assassin's Creed Origins, as they say, surprised me. Very entertaining game. The sequel was really boated and repetitive, but this was just right, and felt actually designed and not auto generated. I think you'd like it based on the games you mentioned. Also, on GamePass. Play it at 60 FPS 4K HDR if you can. Looks and sounds gorgeous. You could probably get it really cheap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Your fondness for Ace Combat will never die 😃

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I will have to play Dark Souls at some stage but I'm not sure I want to do that to myself just yet. Ace Combat is not the type of game I would usually play but I watched a bit of gameplay and I am a bit intrigued.

I had not heard of Control but it sounds good and is €4 so I'm getting it.

Ori looks quiet trippy and could well be one for the future.

I have played the Outer Worlds and it was fine.

I didn't think it was the kind of game I'd like but gave it a go. It's one of the all time great action games.

I've only played the original Assassins Creed and it didn't really grab me. I must give the series another go, so this sounds like the one to try. €18 on CEX at the moment so it's a possibility.

• Advertisement

I must look into this. I've used the months trial for €1 before and played Guardians of the Galaxy (great fun).

I'll keep an eye out for the Gold Edition of Far Cry 5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You can probably get it a lot cheaper digitally. Cdkeys or eneba. Edit ... Amazon has it for about a 10 physical delivered.

Or just grab GamePass for a month or so. Note: you can get about 3 years of gamepass for about 120 quid. There is a thread here discussing GamePass.

But just get a month or so anyway and try a load of stuff on there including this game.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Witcher 3 and cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mishal54

If you're looking for some recommendations for games to play on Xbox, here are a few popular titles that you might enjoy:

1. "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" - This collection includes the first four Halo games, all remastered for Xbox One. It's a great way to experience the series from the beginning, and it also includes a multiplayer component that allows you to play online with other players.
    2. "Red Dead Redemption 2" - This open-world action game is set in the American frontier and follows the story of Arthur Morgan, a member of a notorious outlaw gang. The game has received widespread critical acclaim for its storytelling, characters, and attention to detail.
    3. "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" - This action RPG is based on a series of fantasy novels by Andrzej Sapkowski and follows the story of Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter. The game features an open world, a complex branching narrative, and a rich cast of characters.
    4. "Minecraft" - This sandbox game allows you to build and explore in a block-based world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FitBoyAwesome

Here are some popular and highly rated Xbox games that you may consider:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Forza Horizon 4

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Red Dead Redemption 2

Resident Evil Village

Mortal Kombat 11

Call of Duty: Warzone

Gears 5

Sea of Thieves

FIFA 21

These games cover a wide range of genres, from action to racing, and offer different experiences to players.

Advertisement