Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help/DA confusion

Options
  • 17-11-2022 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I cannot get a straight answer from Intreo or speaking to DA to three welfare officers..maybe/not sure/ I'm confident yes you will were the answers

I have been on DA for 10 yrs I was distressed not seeing the payment with the 500 extra in my bank account.

The reason for that was because I had no fixed address, because I been homeless/couch surfing., and the DA payment was going fine into my bank account into my account 3-4 months, so I stupidly assumed everything will be fine

They have updated my current address, today. I went today to Intreo and received a emergency supplement allowance payment of 206

When i go to my gov/welfare account I see 2 payments started appearing stating both today

Basic Supplementary Allowance - Awarded

Disability Allowance - Awarded, Not paying

Nobody is a fortune teller. Anybody have any idea, but someone has perhaps better idea

When my DA resumes hopefully next week, will I get the 500 payment, as arreas that was given this week for extra cost of living expenses..

Thanks, just the anxiety, and nervousness are driving me nuts giving panic attacks with the uncertainty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

You will be paid it. You were awarded it. Not paying is what you need to find out why. They have a reason and they need you to confirm the reason why you are eligible. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 luke1313

Thank you, I was told the reason was it was discovered I didn't update my address. It just said No Fixed Abode, so they had no idea where I was staying..So i assumed if I was receiving they payment with no fixed above address on my welfare account showing it and receiving will be fine until sorting accommodation out. Hopefully I will still get the 500 as it will be great help. I mean I been on DA 10yrs, supplementary allowance 1 day as of today

I mean it would be embarrassing updating my address as Dublin Airport terminal. Ok Luke stop panicking, as you were told today we are here to help not punish people. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi Luke,

This is a fairly unique scenario with your set of circumstances and the €500 being a one off payment, I’d say the responses from the department were due to people not being completely sure and not wanting to tell you the wrong thing. I’d be fairly sure you will get your money once they update the system. If you don’t, I’m sure that would be rectified by a quick call once your weekly payment has been reinstated if you don’t get the €500 straight away. All of this is of course my best guess at what will happen but I think you will get your money.

Advertisement