Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trophy hunter cut the head off a huge stag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

I sorry but is this world going completely insane.A dead deer on the side of the road gets its head taken by someone to mount and the paper makes it out to be the next coming of Hannibal.

Remember the animal was dead,stone cold Jeffrey Epstein dead its head on its body or on a wall wasn't bringing it back to life no matter what the "journalist" and local lady thought.But they did get hunters bad into the story so I suppose that's classified as a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

If I was there I'd put it in my boot, head n all. Not to waste the meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Am I missing something? What's so terrible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭itisnotgrand

Ah guys I think ye missed the last part !!

”Deer running onto roads and causing accidents has been increasing in Co Donegal in recent weeks.

Local wildlife park owner Killian McLaughlin suggested a programme whereby WOLVES!! could be reintroduced to Ireland

Mr McLaughlin, who runs the Wild Ireland park in Burnfoot, said as apex predators wolves would prey on the sick and weak deer and limit the numbers of deer.

His comments have received mixed reaction.

One local county councillor Michael McClafferty said he was completely opposed to the idea.”

I don't think we missed anything. That was not the story: just a postscript. The clue is usually in the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Laughed at the "trophy hunter" bit. Is it really a trophy if you just found it on the side of the road?

• is this the Simpson’s?

Like when Homer had the idea to release mongoose to deal with snakes, then more and more animals to deal with the mongoose and so on

Not to be pedantic but the story doesn't continue, as that was not the story. You introduced this particular topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Local wildlife park owner Killian McLaughlin suggested a programme whereby WOLVES!! could be reintroduced to Ireland

Mr McLaughlin, who runs the Wild Ireland park in Burnfoot, said as apex predators wolves would prey on the sick and weak deer and limit the numbers of deer.

His comments have received mixed reaction.

Is this person let out in public without supervision by an adult over 18??🙄🙄

Im sure the shepherds and sheep farmers in Co Donegal would just LOVE that suggestion. Every year nationwide flocks of sheep are decimated by packs of domestic dogs.Consider then what a pack of apex predators who are literally the Special Forces of the animal kingdom,and need a range for a single pack about the size of the 32 counties to survive would do across Ireland?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think the implication is that he is a hunter interested in trophies not that this was a trophy.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Although, personally I wouldn’t be interested in a trophy that somebody else smacked with their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'm sure we could do with less crotch goblins running around.

Advertisement