Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tongfang 16" ID6H, reviews?

Options
  • 17-11-2022 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new laptop at the minute as my aging XMG is starting to creak a bit.

There's a bunch of new laptops come on stream on the last month or so that seem to be based on the Tongfang ID6H chassis. The specs for this look very decent, 12th gen i7, up to 64Gb DDR5 RAM, 2xM2 pcie4, RTX 30x0 options. There are examples from Schencker, and Tuxedo among others, but I haven't managed to come across any reviews of any of them - I'd like to know what battery life is like in the real world, build quality etc.

While it's a gaming laptop, my uses are more other things that need loads of fast RAM and storage - VMs, photo processing, software development and machine learning. The alternatives in the more mainstream manufacturers would the likes of Dell XPS/Precision or ThinkPad, but I really think there's more bang for buck with these, certainly in terms of serviceability - I've been bitten by not being able to get Dell batteries for 4 year old laptops. I usually buy high spec and hang onto it for a long time. I'm looking around the €2k mark give or take

Has anybody come across any reviews of these, or is there anything else in the thin an light end of the spectrum I might be missing from the likes of Clevo etc?

Advertisement