Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV repairs in Sligo?

Options
  • 18-11-2022 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyone doing TV repairs around Sligo anymore? I have an LG with a backlight/LED problem (I think). Half the screen is dark and I'm looking for a quote to fix it if anyone can recommend someone.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Don’t know Sligo, but I don’t think anyone does TV repair any more sadly. They are effectively disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just updating this in case someone finds the thread on Google in the future.

Contacted Michael on Monday via his website and he got back to me an hour later confirming the issue was indeed the backlight based on the pictures I sent. I dropped the TV off to him in Cliffoney, and luckily after taking the TV apart it turned out to be an issue with the backlight power connector and not the actual backlight that was dead. That meant we didn't have to order a replacement backlight from LG and wait for it to be delivered of course. He was able to repair the connector quickly and I picked the TV up today. It's back to 100%.

Great to have a service like this still available in Sligo. If you have any electronics that need repairing, give him a shout. Thanks @Red Rua for the suggestion.

Advertisement