Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please recommend a replacement Triple Tuner

• 18-11-2022 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all,

My old SAB Unix Triple Tuner (Spark) is having problems with reception/sensitivity and is in need of replacement. It is installed in an area without any internet access and it used to work fine getting EPG via satellite. Can anyone please recommend a suitable Triple Tuner replacement. I've read a little about the Zgemma H7S but I don't really want or need a complex highly-customizable tuner. Will the Zgemma work for me straight out of the box as a straight-forward replacement? Will it grab EPG via satellite or must it have internet access?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Go to virts.ie and then ring them up ask for openvix latest image to be loaded but and this is important ask them to install an ssd for you as well. Mention you don t have internet. Once it arrives all you will have to do is tune in the saorview channels. Ask for the VIX blue skin as well

A lot of people on here have the Zgemma h7s inc me.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

OK, Zgemma H7s + OpenVIX with VIX Blue 1080 skin + SSD. That's the skin that resembles the Sky box, I think. Do VIRTS prices include VAT? I don't see any mention anywhere on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Vat is included, the SSD to ask for is the crucial 500ssd. The Vix blue skin is different from the sky look one and I think the one you mean comes preloaded, but its called BLUE HD!! I might do a few pics later

I'll pay a visit to the OpenViX website and see what's available there. I'm not familiar with that software or O/S or whatever... My previous Unix STB came pre-loaded with Spark so there wasn't much to configure or customize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In case the reception problem is the dish alignment, LNB or cabling, it would be ideal to try your receiver on someone elses dish if you could. Or try another receiver on your dish. I don't know what would make the tuner itself lose sensitivity.

• Advertisement

It's a quad LNB on a Sky dish. It had Sky HD+ box on one pair and my SAB Unix Triple STB on the other pair. The Sky box was working fine, the SAB was only working on one of the sat inputs and then I lost most of the BBC HD channels on it. I swapped the Sky box with the SAB STB and the Sky box was still working fine on all channels. Switching around all four of the LNB cables made no difference, they all worked with the Sky box. If I go into Sky -> Services -> Settings -> Signal, both inputs are showing 100% for Signal Strength & Quality

Advertisement