Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coach’s at clubs who are obnoxious and shout at kids/refs etc , how to manage ?

• 19-11-2022 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how people or clubs manage emotionally unhinged individuals at their clubs. Below is a decent example of how your man acts, going around the club as if he owns it.

He’s said some c^nty things to me when I didn’t even know him and he’s taken our training pitch at times because he thinks he’s a superior coach and his team are better and deserve more respect, yadda yadda yadda. He’s renowned for screaming at the kids he manages (currently 11 year olds and younger) and he blew up at one of our in house friendlies recently.

I was reffing , as there is a lack of refs in Ireland now cause of the abuse they take (irony). I’m not a ref and find in games I’m reffing I forgot I am the ref and am nearly coaching the teams(both sides , im not overly competitive).

So I miss an offside and he screams at me and I give it. He shouts something like keep your eyes on the fn game or something like that and I put my fingers up to my lips and he loses his sh*t. “Don’t you tell me to shut up or I will xxxx”. I can’t remember the threat exactly but I recall saying “you will do nothing x”. Then he throws the ball away instead of handing it to a child for a kickout. The he screams abuse at a parent who cracked a joke when the ball went wide and he picked it up “should I throw the ball away aswell?”, was pretty funny but he screams “stfu” or something like that.

He also encouraged his team to not worry about the ref , they were kicking lumps out of our team and I called them up on it. Then he apparently berated his team at HT. His coach partner managed the second half, thank god as we got two goals and won. He stormed off at end of game, eventually apologised to the parents on his group (to protect himself) and didn’t even apologise to us or our team.

just wondering if anybody else has dealt with this stuff and what they did? I’ve Tried to avoid conflict cause I want an easy life do avoiding these sort of cnts is usually my plan. the clubs initial response has been “ah but that just x”. I’d left it for a few weeks as I hoped somebody would pull him to task (or somebody would complain) but the more I think about it the more it annoys me.

There is a lot wrong with that Behavior,he shouldn’t be coaching kids and he shouldn’t be allowed to act like that to fellow coaches or parents. I’m not in the club that long and know how it can work in clubs where they close ranks on a long term coach and prob try to make me out to be the problem.

I understand some people will say “what about the kids” which is fair. But I don’t coach them and the parents of those kids don’t seem to mind him hurling abuse at them if they aren’t playing as well as he wants. In an ideal world if somebody reports him it would be dealt with well and the person reporting it would be left alone, I’m not so sure that’s what would happen here for numerous reasons I won’t go into.

Just wondering how others have managed this sort of situation. It’s people like this assh*le that has refs quitting and children petrified playing the game.

Advertisement