Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorhome body repair - minor - Waterford area

• 19-11-2022 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we have an old (1999) but reliable 2.8 Ducato based A-class Mirage Alaska; after the lovely moist weather throughout October/November, I've noticed a couple of very minor places where water has found it's way in.

Around one side cab window and the main skylight in the centre of the roof.

Any recommendations, based on experience, for someone who could remove/reseal/refit in the Waterford area (or within reasonable distance)?

I need to get these sorted before they become a major issue.

Motorhome is used throughout the winter so spends all it's time out in the weather, so time is an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Itineoman

Camper World Repair in Midleton are worth a try.

Mariusz has been looking after my van since 2009 and he does excellent work at reasonable cost. A gentleman to deal with as well. He tends to be very busy though. A reseal would be a small job but if the leak has been there for a while there could be a few hidden nasties in the timber work. Hopefully not.

Post edited by Itineoman on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Thank you, I'll give him a shout after the weekend.

There's a couple of small watermarks inside but nothing serious and nothing's gone spongy.

Fingers crossed!!

Advertisement