Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to examine our past

• 19-11-2022 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I as abused, as well as others, in a CBS school in munster between 1950 and 1959. The abuse occurred in both primary and secondary schools.

The schools were run by the chriastian brothers and lay teachers.

I am still affected by what I experienced and the criminal behaviour experienced by fellow children.

Based on recent reports of criminality at Blackrock College and other "posh" schools I think it is time to face the truth.

The decades 1920-c.1985, when corporal punishment was abolished in schools, Ireland was a very dangerous place for all vulnerable people, including children and adults.

One solution: An independent inquiry carried out by competent foreign experts into every aspect of the educational, health services and other services provided by religious organizations in the period 1920-1990. Ensure that victims are compensated (exclude lawyers expenses).

Please comment,

D.MacMathghamhna

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement