Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Christmas trees

• 20-11-2022 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi . Wondering if any place around the city is selling real Xmas trees this week . Was planning to head out to bird hill as there is a Xmas tree farm out there but would prefer not to travel too far . Usually have seen people selling on done deal or Facebook but seeing nothing so far . Was hoping to pick up one before the toy show on Friday. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The guy in O'Curry Street. Chisel and Oak, I think the store is called. He has them for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭phog

Aside from the drive out and in reality it isn't a big deal, the Xmas Tree farm near Birdhill is the best option for real trees near Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

Superb bulk on their trees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭djdunny

Any idea if they use netting to help with the transport of the xmas trees? or would I need to bring a trailer or roof rack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd be inclined to go to a tree farm and cut the tree fresh. It will be doin well to see Christmas morning if you're putting it up now.

• Advertisement

The tree farm near Birdhill? Yes they use netting to tidy up the tree for transportation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭djdunny

For the record i bought my tree in Birdhill last saturday in november last year. It was still in very good shape well into january

You could stand it in a bucket of sand and keep the sand moist. If you're doing this, make a fresh cut on the bottom of the tree before standing it

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

I ended up picking up a tree today in birdhill. They did net it . Got a six foot one for 35 euro . Didn't think I would get it into car with my son in car too but had no problem . They said by Thursday Friday they will be fully stocked. They didn't have loads out there today . But still a decent selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Always used the bird hill tree farm and trees have lasted the season every year. Did use the go van rental last few years though dead handy and no tree bits in the car 😄

I went out on saturday. Superb tree as usual.

Advertisement