Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin airport which is the best of the short term car parks

• 21-11-2022 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭

If you are a fussy parker, i.e. id rather not be hemmed in with cars either side with an inevitable ding if i can manage it, i normally use the T2 surface short term on the rare occasions i drive over, will have the kids this time so the T2 short term multi storey is probably easier logistically with them, are the spaces a reasonable size ? I know its the airport so there is only so much you can avoid but asking just in case anyone advises against one of the short terms.

and i know im being ridiculous so no need to point out the obvious! 😁

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

T1C entrance and go up to the open level. You’ll often find endspaces with hatched areas and the like. Otherwise, keep heading up to the highest level as few seem to have the stamina to keep driving that long. Not great if you’re heading from T2 with hold luggage but if you’re baggage free with a boarding pass in hand/phone the. You can use security at T1 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

Stay away from terminal building, as closest spaces fill up first. Top of multi storey near terminal 1. Note short term parking fees are crazy high. If collecting people often people wait nearby then drive in last second. Dropoff zone is closed so it's hard to pick someone up without pay parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You really are. Inevitable dings? Jesus wept if thats your biggest life worry...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

We've found a dinger.

Some people take pride in their cars and don't want people bouncing doors off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I take pride in my cars. I drive a classic car as a daily driver and have no desire to see its paint get damaged or bodywork pitted.

But I accept the risks of tight multi storey parking and give myself time to judge a space on the day by avoiding the risks of bigger cars alongside and SUVs driven by women. I don't ask for a crystal ball. Why not just bring 30 metres of bubble wrap and be done with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i knew someone would post this, even with the disclaimer in the OP, well done.

And dont weep its not my biggest life worry.

and where did i ask for a crystal ball, i asked which car park is the best for finding the kinds of spaces where i dont have to park alongside other cars or the beaten up family wagon. You are contradicting yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Take public transport to the airport?

problem solved.

i would take a taxi ordinarily but we have the kids and a heap of gear and its less hassle to drive (and actually more cost effective for the period we are away for)

The only other option is the air coach which takes far too long for where im coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

most people are careful though i have caught people out when they didnt notice i was in car , then made out they had not hit car door

Advertisement