Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG TV Google Assistant Not Available In Your Country.

• 21-11-2022 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I bought a new LG OLED smart TV yesterday. I managed to get it connected to Google home however despite the fact it was advertised as having Alexa and Google Assistant I cant seem to turn it on. When I press the google button on the remote it just says "Google Assistant not available in your country"

I did dome research and it looks this is fairly hot topic and it appears that LG only support this feature in a hand few of countries (Ireland not being one of them". However the UK is.

I did find an article online suggesting I change the TV menu language to ENG-GB, I tried that but it didn't make a difference. In the TV settings there are location options "Broadcast Country" and "Service Country". I tried setting the service country to UK but when the TV restarted the WebOS just came up with an error so I set it back to automatic.

Based on my online research this is a common issue, I'm just curious if anyone here has managed to overcome this problem.

As stated above I was able to add it to Google home and I'm able to control power and volume through my Nest speakers but would really like to get the assistant feature working if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RyanR92

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem with my LG 86" Nano75 in South Africa. But with me I can't get the tv hooked up to google home either. Can you please advise how you managed to achieve this?

When i try to do it i get an error message saying "No devices were found in your LG thinq account". Please help

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

Yeah that had me stumped for a while. Make sure the TV is on, then open the ThinQ app and go to "LG ThinQ TV Settings". Look for the option that says "setup to use smart speaker". Follow the instructions and then it should appear in Google home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I got the LG C9 a few years ago and had the Google assistant not supported problem for about a year. Eventually an update was rolled out which enabled it. Make sure you've installed any available updates and set the country to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I've just bought an LG tv and THINK I have a solution. I set the tv language to uk English and all appears ok. I don't use terrestrial tv so can't be certain this hasn't been effected.

Advertisement