Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Monasterevin?

Options
  • 21-11-2022 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Good Morning All

Considering a move to Monasterevin from Dublin. Town looks nice and the commute will be manageable.

I will be working remotely 2-3 days a week and can see that fibre is not available. Is there a reliable alternative available - don’t need huge speeds but reliability is important?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hey C3 Double check where you see fibre not available, it certainly seems to be available from Eir in at least one estate in the town. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

Thanks Prenderb - I was checking the Eircode via Bonkers and fibre was not available at the address from any supplier. TBH I would only sign up with Eir if they were the only supplier available and it that case I would likely not move to the address …. life is too short to have to deal with their Customer Service!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Limited options within the town, with everything on Eir lines I believe - which get worse out in the townland (is my hometown and my folks place not even a kilometer outside the town has broadband that rivals dial-up quality!). If the quality of your broadband is one of your key decisions, Portarlington, about 15 minutes away, has Virgin as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

TLI putting up Fibre Backbone for ESB in town, should be availble in 3-5 months....

Advertisement