Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some help to find suppliers in Ireland who sell 5 lt mini beer kegs?

Options
  • 21-11-2022 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Specifically for beer dispenser machines. Can locate uk supplier’s but too expensive to ship for just home use on occasion.

Answers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Are you handy to the North? Few places in Derry and Newry that sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macken007

Can travel to North. Any recommendations on suppliers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

First & Last in Newry or Gee's in Derry definitely have a few. Suppose it depends what machine you have too. Might be worth looking at the parcel hubs too and just get kegs delivered to one of those.

Thanks, I’ll try those. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Did you have any luck with First and Last for a 5 litre keg? Anyone know what beers they have in the 5 litre option? Considering a trip up myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

They are fairly responsive on Facebook. Pop them a question and they'll let ya know.

Not got a chance to travel up north yet but found 5l kegs in Carryout Tyrellstown. Still pricy but if you collect it’s not too bad.

anyone know if the black bungs on the kegs need to be fully removed. The red bungs appear to have a centre point which you push down and into the keg so you can push the T/pipe from the dispenser machine down into the keg. The black ones don’t seem to work the same. Any knowledgeable people out there that might know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

The craft ones I've looked at in Supervalu should fit straight in, without having to remove the whole bung.

If it is black in the centre and red hard plastic on the outside you have to remove the whole bung.

If is its red on the vent and black rubber on the outside you just need to remove the centre and slide the Spike in.

It's unbelievable how easy the latter is, compared to the solid plastic bung.

I usually remove the black air vent and use a knife to cut the red plastic across the top of the keg and push the red plastic bung in to the keg. You should have some spare rubber bungs that come with your machine to replace the plastic bung There are videos on youtube about it, with different methods.

Advertisement