Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O'Connell Street

• 21-11-2022 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello

I have to walk from Bachelor's Walk to Blessington Street in a few weeks on a Sunday morning at 620am.

It's hours before shops open apart from 1 or 2 shops, before trains, Luas and most buses start and too short for a taxi journey.

Obviously there'll be very places open and I'm not keen on walking it but I can't change the plan.

Does anyone know what it's like at that time on a Sunday morning on O'Connell Street heading up to Blessington Street?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Nice and quiet! Too late for most stragglers from the night before and too early for the hustle and bustle to have started.

Should be a few tourists up and about for the early morning bus tour and airport pick-ups as well as weekend workers making their way in.

It's well lit and plenty of room on the pavement to avoid any undesirables should they have stirred!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You should be fine,

I'd say all of the drunks from the night before will be gone home by then ,

If your worried Id walk up the middle in the middle of O'Connell street because if there is anyone hanging around they would be sitting in the door ways, & there probably junkies so won't notice you or be arsed to move into the middle of the street,

Just have your wits about you you'll be grand, Iv walked up there many time on my own,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, just walk up the middle of the street like John Wayne. Be grand.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You'll be fine, perfectly safe. You may witness some unfortunates making their way to Busarus from various parts of the city to avail of the 6.00am opening time to wash & use facilities, but they won't bother you.

Advertisement