Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 road toll fines and penalties

• 21-11-2022 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

I see another load of people got fined for non-payment.

Do these people actually pay in the end?

Some of the fines are in the thousands.

I know of one guy who was doing for a year, twice daily. He didnt care - mothers car, she was in a nursing home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

A fair few are from an Irish "Ethnic Minority".

You also find that the cars / vans they drive are low value, so when the vehicle is taken, they don't really care. They also tend to be in social housing or rented accommodation, so no assets to put a charge against.

As they most likely have poor credit records, having a court fine is water off a ducks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭mikeecho

And if they don't pay, and eventually get prison time, they'll be out before lunch, with €50 for the bus.

Governors dont like filling up cells with people who don't pay fines.. they are overcrowded enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I heard of someone who got done, had the licence plates obscured going over the toll bridge.

Eflow were able to ID the car and owner from the tax disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I heard that there are elf's in the Arctic.

... Neither story has any truth to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

If thats the case then the driver who had the same registration number as me and went through the toll everyday would have been caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Strange that there are no names mentioned in the RTE NEWS report

Just like with Revenue.. they like to name and shame offenders.

it puts the scare on the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We had a mixup with eflow a few years ago. With the fines etc we were looking at 7-9k outstanding. We moved house and sold the car in the interim. Nothing ever happened beyond a few letters from cabot or belgard solicitors dressed up to look like court documents.

Before that, I often drove through in a commercial truck with duct tape over the plate ( literally stopped half a mile before and after to cover the plate) and never got charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ALB2022

Presumably nothing ever happens to the ones who don't turn up?

From what I've read over the last couple of years if you do turn up, with even a half arsed excuse, you can get about a 90% discount on what you should have paid. Something I'm sure more people will consider with the current cost of living.

What about the non-headline numbers with say up to 100 journeys. These numbers must be vast. Would they get a significant discount from the debt recovery process. Are these figures released?

The judge actually said that the time of the original hearing (2pm) may have been inconvenient for the defendants, so they held this one earlier 😆

• Advertisement

I heard about a guy was driving over M50 toll bridge for a few months. He never paid once. Car was registered in his mother's name, shes in a care home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I got two emails today about unpaid tolls on the m50.

I don't have a drivers license or a car. Should I click on the link? Seriously worried here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭gipi

Don't click on any link. If you haven't engaged with the toll company, how could they have your email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is new eflow scam texts and emails. Do not click on links. Ring eflow if you are worried. Don't click on links. These are a new recent thing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭corkie

These eflow scam texts are active again.

Got 2 this week.

• 1st on Thursday was to tell me I hadn't updated the app.
    • 2nd Tonight, recorded using the Motorway without paying €6.40, an additional fine of €97.50 to home address.

Never used the app, and don't have an account with them. Also don't have a car of my own, named driver on a relatives. And neither of us where near a motorway in the past month.

Post edited by corkie on

Advertisement