Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can something leak out through exterior wall...

Options
  • 21-11-2022 11:56pm

I have this wet patch outside in my side alley in my new build house. Sorry for the photo quality but the water is pooling slightly where wall meets path and seems to be running outwards from there.

This is a good while after rains today, enough time for the surrounding path to dry so I don't think it's from a leaking gutter.

The same spot has remained wet previously. It rains so often and with dark evenings I wasn't able to notice it much until now.

Could an internal leak seep out through an exterior wall? The downstairs WC is just inside that wall/window. There is no evidence if a leak inside. It's newly tiled on floor.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Do you know what the wall construction is?

And, does the leak/damp patch appear and disappear or is it always there?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭spuddy4711

Does your mains water pipe run underneath the path there ? Could be leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

I'd say it's a leaking water-pipe. Get a good plumber to give his view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Water dripping onto the path and flowing towards the wall?

I finally got to see it on consecutive dry evenings. It has dried up now. Have been running all the taps and flushing the toilets, and it's not coming back.

Must be a leaking gutter.

I'm just on edge as I've had a leak in the sitting room to find, that the builders never sealed a connection in the waste water pipe.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement