Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chinese multimedia panel not working properly on PEUGEOT 206 1.4 model 2009

Options
  • 22-11-2022 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, nice to meet you.

I got a Peugeot 206 model 2009 and i bought a new Android Multimedia Panel from China.

The thing is (read carefully):

1) When i installed the panel i grabbed my keys, got to the ignition mode and then, the panel turned on.

2) I passed the ingition mode and the car started working (the engine was running) and everything was alright.

3) 15 minutes later i turned off the car but the panel did not turned off but it did switched off by itself after 10 minutes.

4) After that, i put the car into the ingition mode again but the panel did not turned on. I had to disconnect the battery and connect it back and then, the panel turned on while the engine was running but when i turned off the car the panel stopped working and i had to disconnect the battery again.

It is like the computer or something is disconnecting the electricity and it cannot reach to the multimedia panel and i have to disconnect the battery in order to "reset" something.

Note: do note that the panel has an option to shut down but it seems the screen is off but if i press any button it makes a "bip" or a noise. It is not 100% off. Also, the previous adapter had 4 pins and the new one has 7 pins where the black connector is located. Take a look at the images.

Could you please help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

You might need to find a solid 12v ignition live from somewhere else, the multiplex wiring used in Peugeots of that era is more like the canbus (computer based) wiring of modern cars & can do funny things sometimes. If you’re picking up a new ignition live it’d probably be worth running a separate 12v permanent live too.

Check the wiring diagram for the unit you’re fitting too, make sure the 2 live positions on the wiring loom haven’t been switched around. The 4 pins in your old ISO plug are Earth, 12v permanent, 12v switched & probably a switch for a powered aerial, the 7 pins on the new one might include extras like an input for a phone mute & a switch for your lights to dim the display etc. They don’t necessarily all have to be connected.

If you’re having trouble, it might be best to get in touch with a professional auto electrician who is familiar with this stuff & ask them to install it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 InternetUser

Hey pal, thank you for replying!!

A guy gave me this diagram. It shows the connections for the basic Audio system and as you can see there are multiplexed connections

The problem is i don't fully understand the diagram shown above. I've got this black plug and it has 7 pins used:

The harness for my Android unit has this:

Could you please respond to these 2 questions?

1)Which is the cable from the black plug that i should disconnect and replace it with another +12V ignition?

2) Where can i get another +12V cord?From the lighter?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

That diagram means nothing to me, not sure what it is about.

If you’re going to try to find new permanent & ignition lives to connect to you’ll need to test & find them in the car. It might be best to pay someone to wire & install this for you.

I used to work as an auto electrician doing this sort of stuff but I’m about 10 years out of doing it now. There were certain car brands that shared a type of wiring system in their cars - Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Nissan are the ones I remember - called ‘Multiplex’. It worked fine for the most part but often caused problems when fitting aftermarket products. The Peugeot factory fitted radio would turn off & on with turning the key in the ignition but if you connected an aftermarket radio that used the same 2 ISO 8-pin blocks you are using the aftermarket radio would stay on all the time, or would remain powered for 15 minutes after you turned the ignition off, or would turn off with the key & then turn itself back on 30 minutes later. It can be a real nightmare.

Seriously, if you’re having problems wiring this pay a professional to do it. It’s worth having it wired right. I won’t tell you where to pick up the connections because (1). I can’t remember & (2). If it went wrong I’d feel responsible.

Advertisement