Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bear (chef drama, not kids' show!) on Disney+

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm only at 2.08, but man, the emotional highs of this show are something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Delighted to see this do so well at the Globes & Emmys. Well deserved recognition.

I wouldn't be too upset if they wrapped it up in Season 3, and went out on a serious high.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As absolutely terrific as it is and as much as it deserves all the recognition and attention, it's a bit stupid that they won for Comedy Series categories, where they were probably nominated to avoid going up against Succession. Both series' are very dramatic at times but also with a lot of humour (usually uncomfortable black humour), but I wouldn't have called The Bear a comedy series.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed For Season 4 To Film Back To Back With Season 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finished last night. Superb television.
    Enjoyed season one but season two went up a notch.
    From Marcus going to Copenhagen, the Xmas flashback, Ritchie going to the 3 star restaurant, it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Back June 27th with all 10 episodes released at same time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some formalisation kicking and the chaos, naturally.

• Advertisement

Just finished a rewatch of S1 & 2. So damn good. S2 especially, in a 10 episode season, has 3 of the best episodes of TV in the past 5 years. Fishes & Spoons are complete chalk & cheese in terms of tone and style but are utterly terrific, and the final episode is just tremendous from start to finish. Cannot wait for S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I thought the opening episode of season 3 was excellent, complete change of pace but thought it was wonderfully put together. Seems to have gotten mixed reviews online

Yeah the first episode I thought was terrific. Not at all what I was expecting and didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know about Carmy, but still just worked brilliantly. That's an episode I know I'll rewatch occasionally even just by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Relikk

The first episode was amazing, for sure. I just wish they didn't edit it like it was meant to have ad breaks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Watched the first two episodes of series 3 last night but, to be honest, neither blew me away. Feels like a slower start to the series whereas the first two hooked me in straight away. I'm assuming it'll get better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Don't think I'm really getting any episode of the bear so far this season, it's like I missed something? On episode 6 and starting to feel like a little better, pace, story etc, disjointed start I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I'm up to episode 4 and I'm still not feeling it at all. It's fine, but way below the high bar the first two series set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Not a massive fan of this season. TBF it is still head and shoulders better then a lot of stuff on TV. But it feels more like filer, nothing really moves forward. I have no idea how much time passes during the season, a month, three months, six months.

I think the issue stems from writing and filming it back to back to season 4. It is only half a season.

Also the Fak cameo was one cameo to many. The Faks are great. But in moderation, the season needed less Faks.

Finished the season. Yeah aside from the excellent first episode, the season as a whole felt a bit flat. The Doors episode seems to take place over a month, whereas everything after that feels like a week.

Still great performances, writing and directing, but yeah it feels like the first half of a season stretched out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭McFly85

I can’t stress enough how much I absolutely hated the season opener. 35 minutes of excruciatingly paced filler, I found the music grating after 10 mins too. It was beautifully shot but completely indulgent.

I watched a couple more episodes and it was nice to get back to the story but it’s still not a patch of the first 2 seasons. Might skip out until season 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Slightly frustrating season, it was enjoyable but it seemed to lack any cohesion and never quite got fully going (episode 8 I found quite dull)

The Last episode does give season 4 something interesting to build on so hopefully that will be an improvement, this season felt like a bit of a filler season, very little actually happens

Advertisement