Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get a lateral move out of one department to another on probation in Civil Service?

Options
  • 22-11-2022 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I got promoted from EO to HEO on an interdepartmental competition and I am still within the time frame to revert.

The only thing is I landed in an awful department where there is known previous issues with people and the treatment of colleagues. I have documented several instances of mis treatment and my three month probation was handle poorly even though I did pass...

I have been in the Civil Service a number and never had any issues in all those years. I am now highly stressed, i have developed anxiety, I am not sleeping and so on...

The HR department are now aware of what has happened and are not overly shocked at my experiences ... they have offered to give me a move to another area in the department but this will not alleviate the issues due to the units being so intertwined.

I have asked if it would be possible given the circumstances if they would facilitate me to move out in my current position to another department.

If anyone has had a similar experience or has any advice, it would be appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Augme

To be eligible for mobility you need two years in your current Department. I dont know how much give there is on that thoihh, not too much I woukd guess. I certainly don't think a move to another department within your probation period would ever be possible though.

Advertisement