Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Workings of Probate Court and Issue of Double Probate

• 22-11-2022 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I wonder can you help me with the following:

I am a beneficiary to my mother's estate. There are two executors. There was a will made and a few years later a home made Codicil. The Codicil was drawn up by Executor A without the knowledge of Executor B at the time. Executor B and myself are on good terms. Now Executor A has reserved the rights of Executor B and has looked for the grant of probate.

The probate officer has rejected the grant of probate as there is a doubt as to the validity of the Codicil. He/She has referred the matter to the probate court. The solicitor for the estate, who also acts for Executor A, has hired a barrister to draw up papers and submit them to the court.

What are these papers? How does the Probate court work? Is it done remotely? Has Executor B any input in this process, as his rights have been reserved?

Also:

Is Executor B entitled to see the case file from the solicitor acting for the estate even though his rights have been reserved.

Also should Executor B submit his own probate application as we think the application by Executor A might have not be totally correct.

Thank You

Comments

Advertisement