Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indemnity Insurance

• 22-11-2022 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I am currently completing a university course and am trying to gain experience in the sector, so I am undertaking some research projects for some consultancy companies on a paid basis. I do this alongside my full time job. I don't charge a lot - around €100 per day- but I want to purchase indemnity insurance just in case. To purchase this insurance, do I need to be registered as self employed? I find this all totally confusing as I work in the public sector so I would greatly appreciate any help.

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

No. you dont need to be registered as self employed. You can be jordanbag and just insure as yourself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You could try and get insurance as an individual, but in reality it is likely that such insurance will be very limited or alternatively very expensive.

Realistically if you are doing something that has the potential to expose you to considerably risk of a loss, then you should probably reconsider your pricing model or limit your exposure via your contract.

Advertisement