Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur Sat 24th June 2023 Malahide Castle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Didn’t realise there was an exit there, will suss that out, cheers!👍

To be fair, we’ve forced them to enjoy our music by constantly playing our choices on any long journeys….works though, as we get requests for blur, nirvana, beastie boy, smashing pumpkins etc from the back seat now!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Sure that's what good parents do , pass on their love of music.

I can still remember listening to my dad's taped music in the back seat with my siblings on the way to the seaside ...good memories x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 let there be light

Just seen this, so it should be fine getting back to Bray. Really looking forward to the gig, weather is going to be good. Just hope the ground okay to wear runners. It lashed for the last gig..or should I wear boots? It will be my second time seeing blur, think I'm more excited this time. Malahide castle great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 reflekting

26 deg today. Get the boots back in the cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route, the train up from Waterford is full of Maiden, Blur and others shirts

Going too be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I am beyond excited for tonight's gig (as well as the excellent Self Esteem).

Hope everyone going has a cracking evening - and those bringing their kiddies, what a treat you're giving them.

Have fun!

Get a bit nostalgic when i hear 'Song 2'

Trivia what game was it the theme too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dart down between bray and dub laoighaire btw. Well it was 30 mins ago

leave Wicklow at 4pm to drive up. Hope everyone has a cracking gig…some day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Leaving now in a bit.. Have a good one, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Any word on stage times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Self esteem on at 7:25

blur probably 8:30 same as Depeche mode etc

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Where did you hear this? 7.25 seems quite late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

She posted it on her instagram story.

young fathers were on at 7:30 for Depeche mode the other week so it’s same timing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Big issues with the dart...issues at Dalkey...think it could be very messy getting out yo Malahide

Other support just started.

Good crowd here so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Still on the first support act there?

Good vibe around and thank **** there's a nice breeze

'Sound Mint' were OK

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Ozvaldo

absolute nightmare trying to get to this kip left it off will travel to amsterdam to see them instead

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Really enjoyed that. Great set list, Some of these summer shows can be slow burners because of the light. A bonus to have Phil Daniels live. It really kicked into life at that point. Im lucky that I live in Malahide so don’t have the travel issues of others, so I back on the couch at 10.40 watching GNR show AM how to headline a festival.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Dart out was a disaster. Couldn't get on the 6pm one at Killester was literally jam packed.

Lucky to get a taxi in the end.

Otherwise excellent gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Superb stuff.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

What a great gig, setlist was great. Songs of the night were definitely 'There's no other way', 'Song 2' 'Tender' and 'This is a low'. Nice nod to pride with 'Girls and Boys'

I'll forgive them for not doing 'Country House' for the fact of having Phil Daniels there for 'Parklife' which was superb (thank **** it wasn't a 'member of the audience' ballax)

Crowd were in great spirts and can't recommend the 'Golden Circle' enough. So much room and could easily get to the rail no bother. Marathon Coaches again were amazing even with a slight delay getting out of Malahide

Support wasn't for me and would of preferred something else but what can ya do. Grand eye candy all the same ha

Glad I went and looking forward too the new album

Oasis need to get back together so we can all relive these britpop nights

What an incredible night.

Sounds Mint were fine.

Self Esteem was excellent.

Blur were phenomenally good. Great setlist across their back catalogue as well as three of the new songs which sounded good. Hearing the deep cut that is Colin Zeal was brilliant.

Parklife was amazing as was Coffee and TV, Girls and Boys, Tender, Beetlebum, End of Century among others. Continuously knocked it out of the park.

Golden Circle was brilliant, so much room and not cramped in albeit the toilets were a pain to get to.

Marathon Coaches were amazing getting us to and from the gig from Custom House Quay, made the travel absolutely painless. Can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Excellent night, booked late myself, so wasn’t god circle but Malahide is so much smaller that Marley that it didn’t feel like it mattered much.

The classics obviously well received, nee doing sounds great, Russian one a bit odd, hadn’t heard Stereotypes in an awful long time, was stuck in the brain somewhere

dart out was a mess. Much better on the way home thankfully

• Advertisement

Some gig folks!! Sounds mint had some great tunes and the gold circle seemed to get into them. self esteem was really short in her set, but put on a good show as per. Blur were phenomenal as usual, some changes to the expected playlist which is always welcome (stereotypes in particular). The young uns had a great time, fuelled on sweets, ice creams, fizzy drinks and way past bedtimes! Bailed out during tender as they were done in but listened to the rest on the walk around the castle. Barriers up everywhere trying to stop us getting back to the swords road gate but we soldiered on and were back in Wicklow town by 11.30pm to watch GNR in Glasto!! Hope all enjoyed

Advertisement