Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur Sat 24th June 2023 Malahide Castle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

From those photos, we weren’t too many metres away from you, albeit outside the gold circle!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They must of been nearly a million people on the streets of Dublin today with everything that was going on

Mad to think the drummer from Blur is an MP or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

What time did Blur come on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

A couple more from last night.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Amazing gig.

I thought it was very rude of self esteem to introduce her drummer as the token man in the band

She always does that (well, the two times I’ve seen her anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Best fun I have had in ages. Reminded me of Glastonbury 95, Britpop, fabulous weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Great gig last night. They played a lot of early stuff, especially from Modern Life is Rubbish.

I think the crowds at outside concerts can be very hit and miss but thought last night they were really into it. It obviously helps when the band have so many killer tunes throughout their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

• Advertisement

I get you, I think it’s just her act though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

PARKLIFE <intro video>

Post edited by Morrisseeee on

Ah it was a throwaway joke. If she had an agenda against men, there'd be a female drummer. Men have said worse on stage and not an eyelid was bat.

She's a very inclusive artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Lofidelity

Great atmosphere last night.

The train was slow and hot but not as bad as I expected. I had some cold cans with me which eased the pain somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Her music is quite accessible to everyone in my opinion regardless of gender, orientation etc.

all i could think off when i hear 'The Universal'

emotions galore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Sing is just so good, one of my favourites. Mind you my list of favourites is very long and they played most of the yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Wouldn't be into her music but I thought Self esteem was actually good craic yesterday and put on a good show. The "don't fcuk up the blur gig" banner was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

That was an incredible night. Best gig I’ve been at in donkeys years I think. Boys and girls and tender my 2 highlights but the whole second half of the gig was just hit after hit. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Any Blur fans from here at The Waeve tonight? Coxon was making some great noises emanate from the amps. Rosie a good foil for him, and the rest of the band were no slouches. Good gig, a little under an hour and all done and dusted at the wonderful time of 10pm 😁

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

I thought the gig was magic.

Admittedly I'm a super fan. I couldn't believe the amount of Modern Life is Rubbish content - Colin Zeal live! Plus a fair few other deep cuts.

Hearing 'Trouble In the Message Centre' live was great but it was just wall to wall magic and you can't fault the band buzz on stage etc. Definitely looser than the super tight bands you see these days but it prob made it even more enjoyable.

'This is A Low' was one of the all time standout live musical moments for me. I found myself rubbing my head in wonder almost.

It was great, on a lovely night, with a nice crowd.

That Gold Circle BS is utterly appalling. Shout to the promoters for that shite. For **** sake how can you act in such a tone deaf manner with fans? Is it too much to ask to do the decent thing and look after people rather than looking to winkle out every last euro? You pay nearly €90 for a ticket and you're relegated to practically back to the sound-desk behind that barrier. Baffling. The acts/management bear some responsibility too.

Anyways, it didn't spoil it. Thanks Blur for the tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Re gold circle.

an event that size requires a pit for h&s / insurance purposes so it has to be there.

so promoters have either two option

charge a fee for gold circle €10 I think for malahide shows or allow it solely on first come first serve on the day in question.

residents near venues don’t want queues outside their houses anymore so it’s good circle eliminates the queing for pit access to a large degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Re: golden circle

I didn't notice when I was booking the tickets that I had booked GC !!!

In the end it was a nice surprise, as it was worth it !!

A member with our group is autistic & they had to overcome a lot of 'fears' to make it to the gig at all.

In the end it was a very pleasurable experience for them :)

Side note: my plan A to go to Malahide & park in the Dart station was a disaster, the station was closed to parking.

On duty guards recommended Donabate & this was an excellent idea ;)

Only frustrating thing about the Golden Circle is the walk from there to the toilets

Maybe they should look at having a 'Golden Circle toilet area' but obviously only so much room they have to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

They could have toilets on either side of the stage. Go for a piss and when you come out you get a big roar from the audience. 😁

Of course for Blur, you'd have them marked Girls and Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Really enjoyed the gig, set up was grand with my own recommendations being more toilets about half way down the area and not just at the back, as people have said the treck back every time was a pain..maybe an extra bar or two as well..it moved along and it wasn't the end of the world but if it had just one more you would imagine there would be very little queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 reflekting

Re. The gold circle they had it for Blur, but for Sam Fender there was no restriction. You could wander up and stand wherever you wanted. Plenty of space in the circle as well. I didn't really understand the point of having it for Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

They could call it the Golden Shower…

I don’t mind the golden circle thing, as someone else pointed out, it’s necessary for safety to have a space between the front of the stage and the main body of the crowd. Im glad there isn’t the scope for the sort of mass crushes that used to happen in the 90s.

But apparently at the Motley Crue concert in Marley Park there’s an additional space at the back of the field for cheaper tickets (the Brown Circle??) which seems depressing and totally money-grabbing. Hopefully that doesn’t become a general feature at outdoor gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

What time did Blur finish up or play their last song?

Advertisement