Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2023 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Same old story woth Wexford. Not enough scoring threat up front. Lots of wides. Some really poor. Galway took a while to get going but look like they should go on and win with a bit to spare now.

Limerick showing their class here in spells. Some really accurate point scoring from all angles. Declan Hannon as usual holding the centre so well. He's such a clever and skillful centre back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Double scores in Cork with Limerick well in control.

Cork looked to be coming back into it on the scoreboard but then Limerock knocked over 4 or 5 in a row leading up to ht.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Limerick miles ahead from this time last year, some of the scores have been crazy for first competitive county match, really impressive so far. Cork very sloppy and wasting chances

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

19,516 some crowd in fairness.

Cork beginning to make a game of it, 1-10 v 0-17

Better from Cork in early stages of second half. Robbie O Flynn showing killer speed time and again capped off with top class goal Cork's best player tonight.

The blood and bandage are on fire down by the Lee.

Another Cork goal.... draw after 45, Cork are giving Limerick a game of it now,

• Advertisement

Lehane working hard but nothing going right for him. Hoggy and Robbie a dynamic duo on the inside line.

Super score by Joyce and Cork take the lead.

Impressed with Galway’s performance this evening. It’s early in the season, but they played some lovely stuff and were without the Thomas’s contingent and the Sarsfields Cooney contingent. Seems to be a few of the minor AI crews over the past few years starting to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Booing by the Cork fans

The season doen't really start until a post by you commenting on booing by fans in fairness.

Your posts are nothing if not consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why was there booing when Lynch came on?

• Advertisement

Looks a bad injury to O Flynn. Hopefully not. Was to be a big player for Cork this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

10 minutes added on. Limerick a point up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Cork could have done without the long stoppage!

Lehane has worked very hard but i don't think i have ever seen him butcher as much touches and strikes.

• Advertisement

Judging on tonights game Cork are a real threat to Limerick's chances of the 4 in a row this year. Of course getting out of Munster wont be easy but it will be Cork, Limerick and Waterford for me.

And then he makes a c##t of me with a brilliant touch and score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Some match lads 😎

Top class Sat night entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Ref could not wait to blow up lol

Great game. Proper second half. Well done Cork with that comeback.

The Rebels steal it the death in a classic!

Great to see Cork beat Limerick.

Enjoyable game of hurling but the injury to O'Flynn certainly takes the gloss off the win.

And the first round of the league not even half over... 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

• Advertisement

Even before a ball was pucked in the league today they were my three to get out of Munster this year.

Hoggie gets the Man of the Match award. He had a fine game.

Dowling will have to go back to Turkey for a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Good second half by Cork for an opening win.

Hope ROF is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wexford vs Galway was a poor game. Lots of sloppy play from both sides and there was long spells of the match where very little happened. Galway after a slow start were much the better side and if they took some of their goal chances it would have been a hammering. Still very early days so I imagine both teams will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Well the Cork fans are nothing if not consistent. If it were me I'd just enjoy the win rather than worry about what others think.

Cork fans will have no problem enjoying the win tonight. I'm sure most in the 20,000 crowd and those watching on tv enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,290 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Yes and no. I think both sets of fans left feeling a bit frustrated. Cork had a ton of wides from good positions and Limerick in particular but also Cork has some terrible passing.

It was a very day 1 of the league type game.

Cork had some God awful wides but I reckon the main frustrating thing Cork fans felt tonight was the serious injury to one of their top players, presumng O'Donoghue's isn't serious.

Limerick fans won't pay much heed to this game I think.

Win lose or draw, Cork would have had a lot of work to do - as do all teams following a game v Limerick.

It is a little easier to work on it following a victory though.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be annoyed to lose by a point to Cork in PuC in the league but I am a bit annoyed that we lost an 8 point lead and we still look short of back up in some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Look on the brightside ye have a **** load of All Ireland winning memories too look back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

We might have another one to add to them in July. All Ireland's aren't won in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Glenomra

I think Cork's booing of Cian Lynch plus the standing ovation for a league win in February will be powerful motivation for Limerick come the Munster championship.

Not the chance for a historic all-ireland win then? But booing and clapping in Feb? Right...

Don't think we will pay much attention to either.

The only real booing I remember was when the Limerick team came out and Cork fans were right to really given how late Limerick were.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't think they care too much about a first round league game at the beginning of February or of the league at all. Their goal is retaining Liam and I think the championship side will look a bit different to last nights 15. 'Powerful motivitation' is a bit too strong an emphasis I'd say, he'll hardly be blowing the recording over the tannoy at training.

When Limerick and Cork meet in Munster in the not too distant future i doubt very much the booing by a few last night will even register in the players minds. They've probably forgotten about it already or didn't give a toss when it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The booing is being taken completely out of proportion. I was in lower south stand and heard no booing. It must have come through from a small group on TV. Mountain, molehole and all that

Dublin hurlers were 8 points down early doors down in Dungarvan but now lead by a single point with 10 mins remaining (Waterford down to 13 men).

Unfortunately from a Dubs perspective we couldn't go on and win with two extra men and with 6 mins of injury time the game ends all square. I didn't fancy us to get anything from the game but really should have won with the extra men.

• Advertisement
Advertisement