Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a logbook for scooter

Options
  • 22-11-2022 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I bought a 20 year old scooter which has a registration number but no logbook. My query is which form is correct to get a new logbook for it. An RF134 or an SD07856 (has parts to be completed by a car dealer and peace commissioner).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭muddle84

RF134 is only to get a replacement logbook, that is no good to you unless you are already the registered owner. You need SD07856, although I think you have to call the department of transport to request the form and they send it out to you. I did this with my bike earlier this year, they told me you have to ring them to get the form as they assign the form a unique number. Someone else might be able to confirm is thats true or not but thats how i did mine and it worked.

You need to get a garage to sign and stamp the form to confirm the bikes VIN and description, you will have to bring it to the garage or they come to the bike. Then lastly it has to be signed by a peace comissioner as well!

Advertisement