Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kim Garth - Former Irish Cricketer Declares For Australia

Options
  • 23-11-2022 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭

Headed off to Australia to live and for work but now on the cusp of playing internationally for them....

I know ireland benefitted from having international players declare for us but I dont think you need to be a mensa member to realise that the likes of Trent Johnson wasn't going to be in the minds of Australian selectors.

Morgan and Joyce opted out of playing for ireland because it suited them.... how many more...? Boyd Rankin the same ,without their success..

Cricket needs to get its act together and discourage mercenaries.

Garth can go to Australia... play copious amounts of club / franchise cricket... get very well paid.. no problem at all... free world..I say good luck to her.

But international sports people should not have the ability to pick and choose what countries they represent...

Because once that gets a grip, money starts talking and you'll have people just rocking up to whatever shore.. with the promise of serious dollars....

It's no longer sport... its just £££££££

It's a shame to see what's happening in cricket.

Advertisement